Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hey, I'm Rilo.

This is my first committed attempt at losing weight. I've "committed" before but never in such an open and honest way. I am overweight, to be exact I am 175 pounds and 5'5. I don't feel comfortable doing the things I used to love and it really sucks. I'm not a victim; I've done this to myself. I've binged and dieted in cycles since I was ten. It's always been an "emotional" kind of thing. It's emotional in a very sick way, I binge given any "reason" to do so. My general motto is "Why bother?" and I've been really realizing what my weight has done to me.

My weight is an excuse for everything; I don't have a boyfriend, it's the weight's fault (right, cough), I'll never follow my dreams, it's the weight's fault. Yah, basically EVERYTHING is the weight's fault. Well, now it's my turn, it's my fault regardless of the weight.

The goals I have made in the past are very unrealistic and quite frankly a big reason why I haven't lost weight. I simply set myself up for failure every time (i.e. I'm going to lose 65 pounds in 3 months on a diet of raw celery and herbal tea) and every time I fail I eat EVEN more.

So here are my goals:
Before University (September 1st, 2011)
1) Lose 45 pounds (roughly 8 months)
2) Be able to run 10 km's
3) Get some self confidence

Wish me luck because "Girl vs Fat" has been a long standing war and I've lost all the battles (so far...).  I'll be posting lot's of motivational odds and ends on the blog.

I'm sending good Karma out to everyone,

Rilo-Alexie

No comments:

Post a Comment